How to insert schema markup at the Backend of Website for Getting Rich Results?
Schema is a type of Microdata which when correctly implemented to HTML it enhanced the rich snippets of one’s website and gives results in more clicks. Schema is related tags that one can place on the website which helps the search engines to better understand the precise information as to the product, service and content of website and can grab more traffic to the website.
Major search engines including Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Yandex started collaborating to create schema.org in 2011. Clickers can’t see the schema markup but search engines use it to evaluate and represent page in SERPs.
How to Insert schema to website
There are three format to insert schema;
- Resource Description Framework in Attributes (RDFa)
Inserting schema using Microdata
Adding markup through Microdata is the easiest way for the beginners. To add markup follow these steps:
- Step 1- Point out every individual item with body of the webpage.
- Step 2- Define the ‘itemscope’ to define an item and the ‘itemprop’ to describe the item property.
- Step 3- Identify the ‘itemtype’ of content whether you are focusing on music or food?
- Step 4- use URL. Tag items type using URL format like;
- Step 5- Use YYYY-MM-DD format to add time and date.
- Step 6- Use different snippets tools to test or identify errors
- For rich result one should use the content which is more common and visible to the visitors.
Inserting schema using JSON-LD
- Step 1- Generate a linked data using Jolojo’s Built-In JSON-LD Generator.
- Step 2- Choose item Type to Markup.
- Step 3- Complete the fields within the tag using the JSON-LD Generator.
- Step 4- Select the page which you want to insert the JSON-LD code.
- Step 5- Click the ‘CREATE’ option and save the tag without using the actual coding.
- Step 6- Certify your Markup.
Inserting Schema Markup using RDFa
RDFa is a type of data format similar to Microdata uses HTML code to incorporate Schema Markup. To add Schema one should must keep in mind these steps;
- Step 1- one must assure that the vocabulary which he is using is Schema.org.
- Step 2- To identify the vocabulary use the ‘Vocab’ along with the URL http://schema.org.
- Step 3- Identify the type according to the vocabulary using the ‘typeof’ and property using the ‘property’ attribute.
- Step 4- Select the resource to assign ‘identifiers’ to different elements.
- Step 5- Use URL syntax.
- Step 6- Use the different testing tools to clarify the errors. .
Schema markup itself is not a tool to enhance the snippets as there are no clear evidence that it upgrade ranking. Through implementing schema we can’t force the search engine to enhance snippets but indirectly it increases the CTR and improve SERPs which sends a merit signal to search engines and increases the chance to get more clicks on website. In short, it is highly recommended to insert schema to boost up the snippets.